[slime-devel] Re: A little swank.asd/swank-loader.lisp rectification.

Madhu enometh at meer.net
Fri Nov 30 10:14:00 UTC 2007

* Samium Gromoff <87lk8hvhdz.wl at betelheise.deep.net> :

* Samium Gromoff <87hcj4uzwz.wl at betelheise.deep.net> :
| Now it actually compiles contribs, but also doesn't load them.
|
| The contrib enumeration, protocol version formulation,
| some utility functions plus the loader epilogue part are now
| shared between the ASDF and swank-loader paths.

I noticed this patch adds 4 files and a lot of complexity.

I do not load ASDF in any of my lisp images, and I have a simple recipe
for loading Slime: [Optionally make the SWANK-LOADER package and set
*FASL-DIRECTORY*], and then LOAD on a single file swank-loader.lisp.

Is this workflow still supported?

Couldnt asdf be patched/added to support SLIME's simple swank load mechanism
instead?

--
Madhu