[slime-devel] Re: Lisp interaction with editors other than emacs?

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Thu Mar 22 17:09:58 UTC 2007

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 11:03:53 -0400, Jeremy Brown <jhbrown at itasoftware.com> wrote:

> All that said, at a quick glance it looks like Joe has windows-y
> keybindings.  Eclipse defaults to windows-y keybinding as well, so
> you (Duncan) probably ought to check it out and see what you think.

As far as Windows-y keybindings are concerned there's of course also
CUA mode for Emacs.  I've never used it, but some people seem to love
it.  Don't know if it works with SLIME or if there are any problems.

  http://www.cua.dk/

And of course LispWorks' IDE (which is really, really good anyway)
offers Windows-y keybinding as an option as well.

  http://www.lispworks.com/products/lispworks.html

To add some SLIMY features to the LispWorks IDE see for example here:

  http://weitz.de/lw-add-ons/

Cheers,
Edi.