[slime-devel] Inspector: inspect-bigger-piece and inspect-whole-thing broken.

Madhu enometh at meer.net
Sat Jun 16 06:13:11 UTC 2007

Here are two test cases for exposing the bugs:

;; In ~/.swank.lisp:
(setq SWANK::*SLIME-INSPECT-CONTENTS-LIMIT* 10)

;;
;; CASE I
;;
(defvar *ht* (make-hash-table :test #'eql))
(loop for i below 20 do (setf (gethash i *ht*) (princ i)))

Then M-x slime-inspect *ht* (C-c I *ht*) :

The inspector window show:
|Contents:
|10 elements shown. Prompt for how many to inspect...
|Inspect all 20 elements.

Choosing either of these two (bigger pieces action and entering the
value in the REPL) or inspect whole pieces action, does not change the
contents displayed in the inspector window, i.e. the number of items
displayed does not change.

;;
;; CASE II
;;
(defvar *array* (make-array 100 :initial-element nil))
Then M-x slime-inspect *array* (C-c I *array*)

The variable SWANK::*SLIME-INSPECT-CONTENTS-LIMIT* is not respected
and the whole contents of the array is printed.

I'm guessing the following Changelog entry may apply, but haven't checked
or fixed the problem against HEAD.

--
Madhu