[slime-devel] Autodoc mode and the typeout frame

Geoff Wozniak geoff at wozniak.ca
Thu Jun 14 20:54:18 UTC 2007

When the typeout frame is active, autodoc output is sent to the frame
using a call to SLIME-TYPEOUT-MESSAGE in SLIME-AUTODOC-MESSAGE.  In
turn, SLIME-TYPEOUT-MESSAGE applies FORMAT to the string to display
it.  This causes a fair number of errors when the string contains the
% character and eventually autodoc-mode shuts off.

I've attached a patch to fix it against the latest version.  All it
does is call REPLACE-REGEXP-IN-STRING before the string is sent to
SLIME-TYPEOUT-MESSAGE.

I'm not convinced this solution is at all elegant, but I'm not
familiar with the architecture of Slime enough to know what a better
solution might be.  It's a hack since it's not terribly robust: right
now no format arguments are passed to SLIME-TYPEOUT-MESSAGE but if
they are, then the hack provided (likely) won't work.

Anyway, this patch solves my immediate problem and I thought it was a
point worth bringing up.

And am I one of the only people to use a typeout frame? :)

--
Geoff