[slime-devel] slime on NetBSD 3.1 with emacs22

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Mon Jul 16 20:03:23 UTC 2007

othyro at freeshell.org writes:

> Ahh, then it would make sense to have two packages for slime in
> pkgsrc: slime (for formal releases) and slime-devel for whenever the
> last time the maintainer updated the CVS tree.

Actually I'd rather recommend providing two packages in the following
way: One "for whenever the last time the maintainer [of the port]
updated the CVS tree", and one which automatically pulls and installs
CVS HEAD.

This way there's an easy way for your people to perform the action
they're most probably confronted with when facing a problem:
viz. get the HEAD version.

Releases only happen on a full noon night at a 29. February.

Or some such.

  -T.