[slime-devel] Re: right way to shut down slime?

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Mon Jul 9 14:39:00 UTC 2007

Joe Corneli <jcorneli at planetmath.org> writes:

> Can you advise me as to which commands I should use so that I can
> cleanly start a new slime session?  I tried this to kill my remote
> connection:
>
> (slime-quit-lisp)
> (slime-disconnect)
>
> but then when I went to start a new slime connection to a local lisp,
> entering code in the REPL gives the error:

try typing, from the repl, ',disconnect' (if you want to disconnect
without killing the remote lisp) or ',quit' (if you also want to quit
the remote lisp). (the , there is an actual comma, when you type it
you should get a minibuffer prompt asking you what to do)

--
-Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.