[slime-devel] Daily ChangeLog diff - NO MORE SLIME STARTUP ANIMATION!!

Stefan Kamphausen skampi at gmx.net
Wed Jan 31 12:00:24 UTC 2007

"Arthur Lemmens" <alemmens at xs4all.nl> writes:

> Edi Weitz wrote:
>
>>> What, the slime startup animation has been removed?
>>
>> And not for the first time:
>>
>>   http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/slime-devel/2005-February/003093.html
>>
>> Looks like Helmut tries this every two years or so... :)
>>
>> FWIW, I'd like to keep it, but that's just me...
>
> Actually, it's not just you.  See the thread from 2005 ;-)

FWIW I'd remove it, because I like things on my screen to happen as
immediately as possible instead of as nice as possible.  Thus, no
animated iconification of windows, no animated switching of desktops,
no animated start of Slime :-)

A switch is enough for me, of course.

Stefan
--
Stefan Kamphausen --- http://www.skamphausen.de
a blessed +42 regexp of confusion (weapon in hand)