[slime-devel] Daily ChangeLog diff - NO MORE SLIME STARTUP ANIMATION!!

Marco Antoniotti marcoxa at cs.nyu.edu
Wed Jan 31 09:54:50 UTC 2007

The SLIME startup animation is like Neapolitan Pizza, Belgian Beer,
Kentucky Bourbon, Scottish haggish Japanese animation, Algerian
Couscous, Argentinian mate, Norwegian lutefisk, Catalan paella, Greek
spanakopita etc etc.  It just cannot go away!

The only admissible thing is to put a global switch to optionally
turn it off. :)

Cheers

Marco

On Jan 31, 2007, at 10:08 AM, Sean Charles wrote:

>>> What, the slime startup animation has been removed?
>>
>> And not for the first time:
>>
>>   http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/slime-devel/2005-February/
>> 003093.html
>>
>> Looks like Helmut tries this every two years or so... :)
>
> I have created a web-site called:
>
> 	http://save-the-slime-startup-animation.info
>
> I love this feature. It makes me feel that I have just logged in to
> the 'War Games' system (I saw that as a kid, loved it LOL) and that
> I am about to do something breathtaking with the power of SBCL,
> SLIME and EMACS.
>
> PLEASE DON'T REMOVE IT!
>
> What's wrong with just leaving the flag to disable it.
> Sean Charles.
>
> (PS: Yes, a the URL is fake  ;-)

Marco Antoniotti