[slime-devel] ?BUG? Re: repl history navigation and M-r

Madhu enometh at meer.net
Mon Jan 29 05:38:04 UTC 2007

Helu, On Updated from CVS, I noticed that repl history is broken in
the following way:

Typing M-r REGEXP brings the previous matching history item in the repl.
Immediately Typing M-r REGEXP <RET> again does not bring up an earlier
history item as expected.

Note: the search through history is not complete.

Typically the second time I type M-r, I uparrow and modify/refine the
REGEXP for searching backwards from the point of the earlier search.

So Currently, M-r can be used only to get at the most recent item in
history matching REGEXP.and cannot be called successively.

(M-r is bound to slime-repl-previous-matching-input)

slime-history-repl-map is no longer present. I have not spent the time
to understand the new mechanism yet, and thought I'd ask here first
How is the new repl history mechanism meant to be used? Perhaps I'm
missing something?

--
Regards
Madhu

* "Attila Lendvai" <b54b34af0701160442i2de472a6ja9409129b957e125 at XXX> :