[slime-devel] Re: [Re: SLIME manual fixes]

Jeffrey Cunningham jeffrey at cunningham.net
Sat Jan 27 18:46:19 UTC 2007

On Wed Jan 24, 2007 at 06:35:55PM -0800, Jeffrey Cunningham wrote:

> This whole thread has been very useful. After working for a day with
> out C-h mapped to delete-char-left I put it back and remapped F1 to
> 'help-command. Now I the emacs gods should be happy once again. And I
> have a good idea for an addition to the document. This weekend I'll
> write it.

I just committed an update to docs/slime.texi that consisted of adding
a brief discussion of the Emacs help functions as they apply to Slime,
raised the level of the "Key bindings" subsection to section -
preceding "Commands" (3 layers deep is too deep for new users I think
- its one of the first things they will look for). And I eliminated
the the keybindings index. Bill C.'s comments make complete sense
given the Emacs facilities. I left the function index in for the time
being. It might still be useful.

-Jeff