[slime-devel] patch: make slime-urge-bytecode-recompile less irritating
sorourke at cs.ucsd.edu
Fri Jan 26 20:07:00 UTC 2007
Recipe for frustration:
* edit slime.el
* save it in a state that you don't want to use immediately
* M-x slime
* "slime.elc is older than slime.el. Recompile/reload first? "
* bang head on keyboard as slime petulantly refuses to start
This patch makes the prompting non-fatal.
RCS file: /project/slime/cvsroot/slime/slime.el,v
retrieving revision 1.753
diff -p -u -w -r1.753 slime.el
--- slime.el 24 Jan 2007 22:55:13 -0000 1.753
+++ slime.el 26 Jan 2007 19:56:37 -0000
@@ -1549,8 +1551,8 @@ The rules for selecting the arguments ar
:coding-system coding-system :init init :name name
- (when (or (not (slime-bytecode-stale-p))
+ (when (not (slime-bytecode-stale-p))
(let ((proc (slime-maybe-start-lisp program program-args buffer)))
(slime-inferior-connect proc args)
(pop-to-buffer (process-buffer proc))))))
@@ -1650,13 +1652,11 @@ Warning: don't use this in XEmacs, it se
(defun slime-urge-bytecode-recompile ()
"Urge the user to recompile slime.elc.
Return true if we have been given permission to continue."
- (if (featurep 'xemacs)
+ (unless (featurep 'xemacs)
;; My XEmacs crashes and burns if I recompile/reload an elisp
;; file from itself. So they have to do it themself.
- (y-or-n-p "slime.elc is older than slime.el. Continue? ")
- (if (y-or-n-p "slime.elc is older than slime.el. Recompile/reload first? ")
- (progn (slime-recompile-bytecode) t)
+ (when (y-or-n-p "slime.elc is older than slime.el. Recompile/reload first? ")
(defun slime-abort-connection ()
"Abort connection the current connection attempt."
More information about the slime-devel