[slime-devel] Re: loads of files in /tmp

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Fri Jan 26 11:20:57 UTC 2007

* Samium Gromoff [2007-01-24 23:19+0100] writes:

> I understand well that these are temporary files in a location
> designed to hold temporary files -- but still -- do i have to remove
> them myself if i happen to never reboot?

The Emacs Lisp code should (and at least on my machine, does) delete
the temporary file after connecting.  Some backends create temporary
files to implement C-c C-c (compile-defun), but I think those are also
removed properly.

Are you sure those files are created by Slime?  Which Lisp are you
using?