[slime-devel] Re: rebinding M-*

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 10:27:35 UTC 2007

> > It was a very conscuios decision to use M-, instead of M-*.
> > We discussed that at that time and M-* was just bound for people
> > who are used to M-*.  So if you want to remove a binding, remove M-*.
>
> Please, there is absolutely no point in removing M-*.
>
> Can people please restore this binding?

mutter, mutter, no dictator, mutter, mutter... :)

something like this in your init.el might help:

(let ((key "\M-*")
      (command 'slime-pop-find-definition-stack))
  (define-key slime-mode-map key command)
  (define-key sldb-mode-map key command))

--
- attila

"- The truth is that I've been too considerate, and so became
unintentionally cruel...
 - I understand.
 - No, you don't understand! We don't speak the same language!"
(Ingmar Bergman - Smultronstället)