[slime-devel] rebinding M-*

Matthias Koeppe mkoeppe+slime at mail.math.uni-magdeburg.de
Thu Jan 11 10:48:25 UTC 2007

Marco Baringer <mb at bese.it> writes:

>   why do we bind M-* to slime-pop-find-definition-stack in
>   slime-mode-map? we already bind it to M-, and M-* has a usefull
>   global binding (tags-loop-continue) which doesn't do something
>   similar to slime-pop-find-definition-stack.

Actually, at least in GNU Emacs 21 and also in XEmacs 21, M-* is
`pop-tag-mark', and M-, is `tags-loop-continue'.  That's why we shadow
M-* with the similar function `slime-pop-find-definition-stack'; the
SLIME binding for M-, is a historical accident, I think.  Thus, I
propose to remove the binding for M-,.

Cheers,
--
Matthias Köppe -- http://www.math.uni-magdeburg.de/~mkoeppe