[slime-devel] Bug: mouse-1 doesn't select choices

Harald Hanche-Olsen hanche at math.ntnu.no
Mon Feb 26 16:37:46 UTC 2007

+ David Reitter <david.reitter at gmail.com>:

| During an exception, I get a menu with different restart options.
|
| Hovering with the mouse over these options, they change their
| background color, suggesting that they are clickable links.
|
| However, mouse-1 doesn't do anything.

I wouldn't call this a bug.  I'd call it a feature request, but it's a
reasonable one.

| I've got `mouse-1-click-follows-link' set to 450 (Aquamacs), so I
| expect to be able to click on these links with the [left or only]
| mouse button.

After reading the documentation for mouse-on-link-p I decided to
execute

  (define-key sldb-mode-map [follow-link] 'mouse-face)

with the result that clicking mouse-1 on a restart does indeed select
that restart.

This could perhaps be added to slime.el somewhere.
Ditto for other modes where it might make sense.

- Harald