[slime-devel] Re: Font locking in the macroexpansion buffer

Ariel Badichi abadichi at bezeqint.net
Fri Feb 23 19:42:18 UTC 2007

Marco Baringer <mb at bese.it> writes:

> Ariel Badichi <abadichi at bezeqint.net> writes:
>
> > When macroexpanding to a buffer, I had the same problem as the one
> > described in the following message (I use Emacs 21.3.1):
> >
> > http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/94879
> >
> > The workaround proposed there seems to do the trick.  (The function to
> > modify is `slime-eval-macroexpand'.)
>
> we already have a call to font-lock-fontify-buffer in there, i'm
> curious what change you made to fix this (i'm also curious as to why
> it works for me and not you).

I worked around it by using (font-lock-mode t) instead.  I've
investigated a bit more now, however, and it seems that only when
font-lock-support-mode is either jit-lock-mode or lazy-lock-mode that
it happens, so I decided to work around it by setting it to nil.
(jit-lock-mode also has problems with #||# comments.)

Ariel