[slime-devel] Re: cutting up slime.el

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 14:56:12 UTC 2007

> > my actual problem is that Helmut moved some annoying compatibility
> > definitions out of the way (to the end of the file) but i'm using some
> > of them in the darcs repo while loading. i've moved these back to the
> > head of the file there, but such changes are moving the branches
> > further away.
>
> Attila, there is not enough room for both us on this project.  Either
> you leave or I'll leave it.

uh, i'm surprised to hear this. i guess this is the point in movies
when people quietly start to flee from the bar... :)

but seriously, my wording may have been ambigous... i didn't mean it
as a critique that you moved those functions out of the way - i also
cosider that a good change. i'm simply trying to minimize the distance
between the branches while keeping them in sync.

and to make it also clear: my branch only exists for clearly practical
reasons, there are no bad feelings behind on my part.

otoh, i don't know what else i could say. in a way i'm already off
this project by not committing to the cvs anymore (to avoid these kind
of arguments). but until now i tought that i'll share those
ideas/changes of mine that i think are most probably not against the
desire of most of the users.

--
- attila

"- The truth is that I've been too considerate, and so became
unintentionally cruel...
 - I understand.
 - No, you don't understand! We don't speak the same language!"
(Ingmar Bergman - Smultronstället)