[slime-devel] Local source files

Dr. Helmut G. Enders helmut at cybernetic-systems.de
Wed Aug 29 20:32:40 UTC 2007

Honorable Austin Haas writes on 29.08.2007 15:37:
> Is this what you are looking for?
>
> http://common-lisp.net/project/slime/doc/html/Connecting-to-a-remote-lisp.html#Connecting-to-a-remote-lisp

No,  that ist TRAMP - Mode. The files are on the server,  slime
translates the pathnames
for emacs  (main.lisp  -> remote.server.com:/tmp/main.lisp) and emacs
uses tramp to
access the server files. ... and then you have to sync (update) your
local files!

I'm looking for an method where the swank part fetches the source file
via emacs.
Emacs can already send a buffer content to the server like a listen input.
So the way  "C-c C-k" request a file from  emacs-slime shouldn't that far.

Helmut
> -austin
>
> On Wed Aug 29 14:00 , helmut at cybernetic-systems.de wrote:
> > Is there a way to keep the source files on the
> > local client, if the lisp image is on a server?
> >
> > I know of
> > -tramp   files are on the server :-(
> > -rsync   same problem.
> > -ssfs    from the server to the client:
> >           Pro: the client needs no driver installation
> >           Cons: the server needs some.
> >
> > How to you resolve that problem?
> >
> > Helmut

CS Cybernetic Systems GmbH
Markgrafenstr. 19
D-95100 Selb
Germany
--
Dr. Helmut G. Enders
Phone: +49 9287 9929 11
Email: helmut at cybernetic-systems.de
--
COO:          Dipl.-Kfm.Univ. Hiltrud Enders
County Court: Hof HRB 1968