[slime-devel] Re: contrib branch

Kilian Sprotte kilian.sprotte at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 21:12:15 UTC 2007

Helmut Eller <heller <at> common-lisp.net> writes:

> Gentlemen,
>
> I've added a branch with tag "contrib" which contains my proposal to
> split up Slime.  Essentially it contains a new directory "contrib"
> with the fuzzy completion code.  To use fuzzy completion you have to
> add something like this to your .emacs:
>
>  (add-to-list 'load-path ".../slime/contrib/")
>  (add-hook 'slime-load-hook (lambda () (require 'slime-fuzzy)))
>
> After that everything should work as before.
>
> Unless we hit some show stopping problem, I'll merge that branch into
> the main trunk in the next few days.
>
> Helmut.

Hi,

I have just installed the contrib branch - everything's loading
and working fine so far.

It seems very tempting now to add some more contributions... :)

I am thinking about one that uses cl-ppcre for find / replace in
a specific asdf:system or all asdf::*defined-systems*.

For this I have some old code that I find pretty useful and I will
try to write it up more nicely.

I will probably want to add a submenu at the end of the SLIME menu
(or somewhere else?).

I have tried using:
(easy-menu-add-item menubar-slime nil ["hallo" hallo t])

But it seems to be adding this entry sometimes only in the SLIME menu
for the REPL or in the menu for the slime-mode.

What do you think about menus for contributions in general?

For the time being, I'll just try to bind some keys...

Best,
  Kilian