[slime-devel] indent functions broken under Emacs-22.1?

Jeff Cunningham jeffrey at cunningham.net
Sat Aug 11 14:24:26 UTC 2007

A short time ago both slime-indent-sexp and slime-reindent-defun stopped
working, the former giving the error message:

slime-repl-at-prompt-start-p: Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, nil

and the latter doing nothing whatever. Since I had just installed
emacs-22.1, cedet and a couple other modes, I figured it was an
interaction problem and would look at it later. Now is later and in the
course of trying to debug this, I've reduced my .emacs to nothing but
the following:

(setq inferior-lisp-program "/usr/local/bin/sbcl")
(add-to-list 'load-path "/home/jcunningham/site/slime")
(require 'slime)
(slime-setup)
(global-set-key "\C-cs" 'slime-selector)

And there is nothing in the load path (I moved everything elsewhere).
Slime is straight out of CVS this morning. The breakage persists. So its
starting to look like a problem in slime or between slime and emacs-22.1.

Has anyone else run into this?

--Jeff