[slime-devel] Re: Evaluate forms from within Lisp buffers and displaying the result in the REPL

Madhu enometh at meer.net
Fri Apr 27 00:41:04 UTC 2007

* "Tobias C. Rittweiler"  <87y7kf89c4.fsf at freebits.de> :
|> There is also, I believe, at present, a bug in that protocol: Any
|> input entered (at the keyboard by the user) in the SLIME REPL buffer
|> when slime is evaluating a form, is wiped out when slime finishes
|> evaluating the form and prinpts the prompt.  This can be irritating at
|> times.
|
| Hm, if I do type (sleep 20) RET 'KABOOM RET on the REPL, the symbol will
| be evaluated right after SLEEP returned. Are you talking about something
| else?

Try  (sleep 20) <RET> 'KABOOM  but don't try <RET> again

When the form finishes execution, your input, `KABOOM', is erased.
KABOOM could be some Lisp expression of course that you are in the
middle of typing.

--
Madhu

I verified this for both values of SWANK:*USE-DEDICATED-OUTPUT-STREAM*.

Compare this with what happens in comint modes