[slime-devel] Re: REPL results and output

Madhu enometh at meer.net
Sun Apr 22 17:16:07 UTC 2007

* Matthias Koeppe <87hcu1aejn.fsf at moose.moosenet> :
|> The  printing of repl results seems to have changed recently:
|> [...] i.e. The result is printed and the prompt is printed before the
|> command's output.
|
| I have checked in a fix for this problem.

;; After this fix, with SWANK:*USE-DEDICATED-OUTPUT-STREAM* set to T,
;; one gets:

CL-USER> (format *standard-output* "foo~%")
NIL
foo

;; However with SWANK:*USE-DEDICATED-OUTPUT-STREAM* set to NIL, one
;; gets:

CL-USER> (format *standard-output* "foo~%")
foo
NIL

Which is the desired result.  I'm afraid I still haven't found answers
to the questions I raised elsewhere in this thread, in the message
with the following headers:
  Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 15:04:01 +0530

And would appreciate your comments on this.
--
Regards
Madhu