[slime-devel] Connecting swank from lisp

Volkan YAZICI yazicivo at ttnet.net.tr
Fri Apr 13 19:06:40 UTC 2007

Hi,

[I tried to search the archives but couldn't find anything similar to
my needs. Therefore execuse me if this subject is discussed
before. And I'll be appreciated if you can point me to the related
thread.]

I've been trying to establish a start/stop init script to fire up a
swank server. IRC folks suggested to use interrupts while shutting the
swank server down, but I'm looking for if there is any other portable
way of it. What I was wondering is, would it be possible to connect to
a swank server from another lisp image and execute arbitrary commands
(e.g., QUIT, SWANK:QUIT-LISP) on it?

Regards.

P.S. Yep, I checked the scripts at boinkor.net, but I want to use GNU
     screen instead. (For functionality purposes.)