[slime-devel] error message

Tamas K Papp tpapp at Princeton.EDU
Sat Apr 7 18:47:06 UTC 2007

Hi,

If I send a function that generates a warning to the inferior lisp
process, slime gives this error message:

error in process filter: Wrong number of arguments: (lambda (f startval l) "reduce the list l by the binary function f.
   Use start value startval (cf MacLennnan p. 396)" (cond ((null l) startval) (t (apply f (list (car l) (reduce f startval (cdr l))))))), 4

For example, if the function is

(defun foo (bar)
  nil)

and I press C-c C-c, I get the error message (because of the cmucl
warning that bar is not used).  Am I doing something wrong?  I am a
Lisp newbie.

Versions:

ii  cmucl          19d-20061116-1 The CMUCL lisp compiler and development syst
ii  emacs21        21.4a+1-5      The GNU Emacs editor
ii  slime          20061201-2     Superior LISP Interaction Mode for Emacs

Thanks,

Tamas