[slime-devel] Re: RFC for completion behaviour

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Fri Apr 6 10:07:14 UTC 2007

Tobias C. Rittweiler wrote:

 > To avoid any confusion, please be aware that you're talking about Fuzzy
 > Completion here! Only there the arrow keys are rebound. And that sounds
 > like a bug (missing UNWIND-PROTECT?); I'm gonna look at it.

Yes, sorry about the confusion.

 >> I suggest that a single Esc in the orginal buffer should work just
 >> like a q in the completion buffer, or that there was another single
 >> keystroke to dismiss the completion buffer.
 >
 > Alternatively to `Esc Esc Esc', you can savely use `C-x 1', an already
 > (underneath) existing completion buffer doesn't infere with subsequent
 > completions.

Currently C-x 1 has the same issue as Esc*3, but I assume that is another
bug. ;-)

 > The problem is that this doesn't restore the previous window layout
 > (just as `Esc Esc Esc' wouldn't.)

C-c left == winner-undo would, but that also leaves arrow keys out
in the cold...

 >> Finally, we don't seem to have a way to select a completion and
 >> insert just the completion anymore.
 >
 > Just press TAB.

Thanks, I completely missed that! Probably time to update the
documentation in the fuzzy completion window... ;-)

Cheers,

  -- Nikodemus