[slime-devel] Re: Swank disconnects when editing an ASD-file

Rüdiger Sonderfeld kingruedi at c-plusplus.de
Mon Sep 11 19:23:59 UTC 2006

Am 11.09.2006 um 01:54 schrieb Ralf Mattes:

> On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 22:51:29 +0200, Rüdiger Sonderfeld wrote:
> Just a shot into the dark: asdf-Files often contain author names
> and those
> sometimes have strange characters ... like  U-umlaut in 'Rüdiger'.
> Are your shure your set up the slime encoding style matching your
> LISPs
> prefered encoding (setq slime-net-coding-system 'utf-8-unix) ?

The problem is the U-umlaut. I checked it with a lisp-file containing
just the line "; Ü".

But the strange thing is that slime-net-coding-system is set to utf-8-
unix. May be there are conflicts with the variables (from my .emacs)

(setq locale-coding-system 'utf-8)
(set-terminal-coding-system 'utf-8)
(set-keyboard-coding-system 'utf-8)
(set-selection-coding-system 'utf-8)
(prefer-coding-system 'utf-8)

or could there be a problem with sbcl (and the terminal emulation I'm
running it on)?

Regards,
Rüdiger