[slime-devel] Re: New versioning variable undefined

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Tue Oct 31 15:12:27 UTC 2006

On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 03:27:01PM +0100, Marco Baringer wrote:
: Jonathon McKitrick <jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org> writes:
:
: > I waited a couple of days for new commits, but I'm still getting this as
: > undefined:
: >
: > *swank-wire-protocol-version*
: >
: > Is there something I missed, or is this still a work in progress?
:
: it should be working, do you get that in emacs or lisp?

On starting emacs/slime:

; in: LAMBDA NIL
;     (SETF SWANK::*SWANK-WIRE-PROTOCOL-VERSION* 1)
; ==>
;   (SETQ SWANK::*SWANK-WIRE-PROTOCOL-VERSION* 1)
;
; caught WARNING:
;   undefined variable: *SWANK-WIRE-PROTOCOL-VERSION*

;
; caught WARNING:
;   This variable is undefined:
;     *SWANK-WIRE-PROTOCOL-VERSION*