[slime-devel] Re: Very odd cross-referencing problem.

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Fri Oct 20 17:53:30 UTC 2006

On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 06:44:24PM +0200, Helmut Eller wrote:
: * Jonathon McKitrick [2006-10-19 16:52+0200] writes:
: Are you saying that Emacs crashed too, or just SBCL?

The CPU runs, the cursor spins, spare cycles and virtual memory disappear.
In the terminal where I started sbcl and swank, I see this:

--- some output snipped ---
* Heap exhausted during garbage collection: 0 bytes available, 8 requested.
Total bytes allocated=536533696
fatal error encountered in SBCL pid 5694(tid 3077311392):
Heap exhausted, game over.
LDB monitor
ldb>
--- end ---

Meanwhile, the cursor in emacs is still spinning, waiting on output
from the pipe to swank, I assume.  I have to hit 'q' to break from the sbcl
debugger prompt.

The last entry in slime-events is:

(:emacs-rex
 (swank:find-definitions-for-emacs "delete-user")
 ":ajax" t 17)

Running find-definitions-for-emacs in the terminal returns NIL.

I'm not quite sure how to break into slime/swank.  Hitting Ctrl-C opens a
window and shows a stack trace, but it seems to just be the REPL loop.

How can I extract more details?

Jonathon McKitrick
--
My other computer is your Windows box.