[slime-devel] Re: Getting 'Unknown foreign symbol: "linux_no_threads_p"' on SLIME install

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Fri Oct 20 07:42:21 UTC 2006

Jaime Gonza1ez <jaimeglz1952 at yahoo.com.mx> writes:

> I'm new to LISP and SLIME, and I'm trying to install
> SLIME 2.0 on Emacs 21.4, on Debian Linux (Linspire
> 4.0), with SBCL 0.8.16.  Emacs and SBCL seem to work

SBCL 0.8.16 is _really_ old, and while Slime 2.0 isn't exactly a tender
youth either, the effort of getting those two to play togather is better
spent elsewhere.

Current SBCL version is 0.9.17. The easiest way to move ahead is to
get the current SBCL version, and install it under /usr/local using
the install.sh that comes with it.

If that doesn't sort you out, then replacing 2.0 with the CVS Slime
will. (Just put it eg. under ~/elisp/slime).

Cheers,

  -- Nikodemus              Schemer: "Buddha is small, clean, and serious."
                   Lispnik: "Buddha is big, has hairy armpits, and laughs."