[slime-devel] Re: fuzzy completion patch again

Brian Downing bdowning at lavos.net
Fri Oct 20 05:22:23 UTC 2006

On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 02:07:54AM +0200, Marco Baringer wrote:
> "Attila Lendvai" <attila.lendvai at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > hi,
> >
> > is there any reason against committing this fuzzy patch?
>
> applied.
>
> note that this patch changes the behaviour of fuzzy completion. please
> speak up if there's an issue.

What's in HEAD now can be horked up pretty easily.

1. Make a new buffer.
2. Type "(mvb".
3. Start a fuzzy completion.
4. Close the completion window with C-x 0.

Now anything (and I do mean ANYTHING) typed gets `Wrong type argument:
keymapp, "Keymap for slime-target-buffer-fuzze-completions-mod. This
will override the key bindings in the target buffer temporarily during
completion."  I have to kill emacs to recover this.

I think requiring the completions buffer be exited a "special" way is
too much of a burdeon to place on the user, especially when it leaves
such an ususable state.

-bcd