[slime-devel] Re: Re: Re: fuzzy completion patch again

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 21:08:42 UTC 2006

hi,

is there any reason against committing this fuzzy patch?

sorry for bugging, but it's a big diff and managing it with cvs on the other
side is a real PITA. i've made other modifications to slime.el and argh...
you know what i mean... :)

i'd better don't even bring up switching to darcs, there's enough on my list
already... :)

so, i can offer two things in the hope that we can work it out:

   - send a fresh diff to the cvs head that applies cleanly
   - try to answer/fix any questions/issues that would prevent the patch
   reaching the official repo

additionally i can offer to chop out the slime-search-definition changes,
which is basically a fuzzy search definition, to shorten the first pass of
the patch and send them later in another pass.

i'm sure Levente, who actually made the new fuzzy gui but has less time
generally, is also willing to resolve/answer any questions.

hth,

--
- attila

"- The truth is that I've been too considerate, and so became
unintentionally cruel...
- I understand.
- No, you don't understand! We don't speak the same language!"
(Ingmar Bergman - Smultronstället)