[slime-devel] Very odd cross-referencing problem.

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Thu Oct 19 14:52:31 UTC 2006

SLIME has been working perfectly for me for some time.  But the other day, I
encountered some odd behavior.  I hit M-. for slime-edit-definition.  The
function was a simple one, in another file in the project.  But the busy mouse
pointer appeared, my notebook cooling fan came on, and SLIME ran until memory
was exhausted about 2 minutes later.  SBCL totally crashed, and dropped into
it's own debugger.  For all the other functions in the exact same file, there
is no problem.  On my other system, no problem.  Now I'll try to fill in some
details:

SBCL 0.9.15~
Ubuntu Dapper Drake
Emacs gtk-snapshot
CVS SLIME (from last week)

Because my app is a web app and I've had issues connecting with SLIME, I
generally start SBCL in a terminal, load the project, then run slime-connect
in emacs, and this works fine.  Once the operation begins to consume CPU and
memory, I can disconnect within emacs to stop it from totally crashing, then I
have to start over.  This happens ONLY on my Linux box, not my MacBook.

I'll be happy to provide any other details.

Jonathon McKitrick
--
My other computer is your Windows box.