[slime-devel] Re: fuzzy completion patch again

Levente Mészáros levente.meszaros at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 12:41:44 UTC 2006

>  - Pressing the tab key in the repl does open the completition window and
>   i'm able to navigate with "up"/"down", but selecting a completition
>   with "enter"/"return" seems to send an "enter" to the repl. With
>   paredit activated this causes havoc since the form most likely isn't
>   completed yet.
The idea here is that the user should not press an extra key to accept
the completion (such as enter). So if the pressed key is clealy not
part of the symbol being edited (such as space, enter, \(, \), etc.)
then it fires implicit completion and applies the key afterwards. This
might be somewhat strange for the first sight, but it turned out to be
very useful.

Still you can have explicit completion by pressing the completion key
twice without editing in between (I do it sometimes). Without editing
is important here, because otherwise it just updates the completion
window which in fact is also very useful. For example when trying to
find out the shortest shortcut for a particular symbol.

And of course you can always close the completion window with Esc or
C-g or whatever you like.

levy

--
There's no perfectoin