[slime-devel] COPYRIGHT change - slime contributors please read this

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Tue Oct 3 21:53:43 UTC 2006

hi,

  I have changed the license statement in SLIME's README. it used to be:

  SLIME is free software. The source files are licensed separately for
  maximum compatibility with their host environment, for example
  slime.el is GPL and swank-cmucl.lisp is public domain. See the
  source files for more details.

It is now this:

  SLIME is free software. All files, unless explicitly stated
  otherwise, are public domain.

So if you've contributed code to SLIME and haven't supplied a
copyright statement your code is now public domain. If you have an
issue with this please bring it up asap.

For what it's worth the only files which were missing a copyright
statement were swank-ecl.lisp, doc/Makefile, HACKING, NEWS, PROBLEMS
and README. juan jose garcia (the original author of swank-ecl.lisp)
is ok with the change so I don't think anyone should be surprised be
this change.

--
-Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.