[slime-devel] Re: SLIME Committers

Geoff Wozniak geoff at wozniak.ca
Thu Nov 23 19:59:07 UTC 2006

On 23-Nov-06, at 2:12 PM, Cyrus Harmon wrote:

> I would imagine there are still a reasonable number of platforms
> for which darcs doesn't exist yet.

As someone who follows along in the development of Slime -- and
someone who gets regular updates via CVS -- I can say that I wouldn't
be very enthusiastic about switching to darcs.  I spend a lot of time
in Slime on a Macbook Pro and neither Fink nor MacPorts (formerly
DarwinPorts) supports an installation of the Haskell compiler on the
Intel architecture yet.

If I had to I would go and build the Haskell compiler myself, but
this is not a course of action I would see as favourable.  It most
certainly would not be favourable to other people I work with who
don't spend as much time using Lisp who needed help setting up Slime
in the first place.

--
Geoff