[slime-devel] Re: SLIME Committers

Jeffrey Cunningham jeffrey at cunningham.net
Tue Nov 21 18:08:58 UTC 2006

On Tue Nov 21, 2006 at 05:47:21PM +0100, Edi Weitz wrote:

> If you just want the current CVS version to /use/ SLIME, you can get
> it through http, of course:

Yes - that's how I do get it at work, and grateful I am that its
available that way, too!

> But wait, project members use CVS via ssh, don't they?  So, if the CVS
> port is blocked, that shouldn't be problem.

Unfortunately - at least where I work - the same mentality that blocks
the CVS port also blocks the SSH port. VPN is the only access allowed
and that's very difficult to set up on Linux. My associates at work
all use something called Aventail on Windows - and the moan and
complain about how awful it all the time.

I'm just throwing these comments in for completeness. I happen to like
Darcs, but I'll be happy to work with whatever you guys want to use
(as long as its not Aventail ;-)

Regards,
-Jeff