[slime-devel] Re: SLIME Committers

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 13:56:09 UTC 2006

> mature; it's easy".  I, for one, am unhappy that Slime has so many
> features which I don't use/like/understand.  If maintaining a fork
> were easy, I'd remove fuzzy-completion, presentations, and every line

it must be a social issue, because all i can do is wonder how can
people use slime without the fuzzy completion... :) it's hard to
estimate, but i think at least every 20th keypress of mine is the tab
key while coding. but then i guess i should also talk about the length
of names we are using... :)

and i must note that branching with darcs is only easy as long as
there are few conflicts. no text based tool can handle multiple edits
of the same point in a file. if we had a structured editor with a
version control system that is preserving identities... but that's a
different story and starts with "if".

maybe chopping slime.el into more files would help a bit? emacs
sources tend to follow a one file per module approach, but having
slime.el, slime-fuzzy.el, etc could work (unless i'm missing
something).

--
- attila

"- The truth is that I've been too considerate, and so became
unintentionally cruel...
 - I understand.
 - No, you don't understand! We don't speak the same language!"
(Ingmar Bergman - Smultronstället)