[slime-devel] Re: SLIME Committers

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 10:12:57 UTC 2006

> While I'm not dead set against moving to Darcs, can someone please
> tell me how it will make Slime hacking better?
>
> A real workflow example or two would be good.

some quick toughts results in these:

no need for handshaping the ChangeLog

no need for cp -r slime slime.foo.bar to separate unrelated changes if
you are experimenting with something that needs further testing and is
not yet meant to be committed. also no need to move patches between
those slime.foo.bar dirs to have a local merged HEAD for daily use and
for testing all the pending changes.

darcs rollback (plus darcs move and easy branching, but they are not
that important)

no more hand-editing and mailing of cvs diffs (you can even have a
slime_public branch that can accept patches through http)

--
- attila

"- The truth is that I've been too considerate, and so became
unintentionally cruel...
 - I understand.
 - No, you don't understand! We don't speak the same language!"
(Ingmar Bergman - Smultronstället)