[slime-devel] Re: Documentation project

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Mon Nov 13 10:02:47 UTC 2006

Jeffrey Cunningham <jeffrey at cunningham.net> writes:

> I've been working on this documentation and ran across a function
> 'slime-edit-value that shows up in with a key-binding to 'E'
> (uppercase E). How does that work? I mean, I know what the function
> does, but how do you invoke it with the letter 'E'?

just press Shift-e :)

there's nothing stoping you from binding a single letter, like E, to a
function. this is rare in general purpose typing modes, like
slime-mode and fundamental-mode, but pretty common in some specialized
modes like sldb-mode and slime-inspector-mode.

--
-Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.