[slime-devel] repl history

Matthias Koeppe mkoeppe+slime at mail.math.uni-magdeburg.de
Wed Nov 1 09:46:16 UTC 2006

"Attila Lendvai" <attila.lendvai at gmail.com> writes:

> among others i've got this pending in my local slime:
> [REPL history changes]
> the downside (?) is that it removes the old behaviour that when you moved the caret inside a
> history entry retrieved by slime-repl-previous/next-matching-input it was searching for entries
> that matched the string between the repl start and the caret. to be honest i didn't grasp that
> behaviour until i was looking at the code due to the annoyance caused by the inability to search
> again after a first regexp search.
>
> my question is, are people using this lost feature? are you satisfied by the way the repl history
> works in cvs head?

I have not completely understood your description of the proposed
changes, but the current behavior of the REPL history does annoy me,
and I would prefer if the SLIME REPL had exactly the same behavior and
keybindings as comint, in particular:

M-p, M-n    cycle through the history, replacing current input
C-c M-r     comint-previous-matching-input-from-input
C-c M-s     comint-next-matching-input-from-input

Cheers,
--
Matthias Köppe -- http://www.math.uni-magdeburg.de/~mkoeppe