[slime-devel] [Patch] making REPL buffer paredit-friendly

Ivan Shvedunov ivan4th at gmail.com
Sat May 27 09:56:07 UTC 2006

 Hi.
 As of now, when paredit is used for REPL buffer, history
doesn't work because closing parentheses are inserted
automatically. E.g. I type (| at the point):
(format|)
and press M-p, but nothing is found because the whole
input is used.
  I think the reasonable way to fix this is to use the portion
of input between slime-repl-input-start-mark and (point) for
history search. The attached trivial patch does just that.
I hope such behavior will not interfere with anyone's habits
as when paredit is not used M-p is usually pressed when
the point is at the end of input.
  When the point is at slime-repl-input-mark or before it,
the old behavior is used.

Ivan