[slime-devel] swank reloading problem

Cyrus Harmon ch-slime at bobobeach.com
Mon May 22 00:10:28 UTC 2006

I'm trying to debug getting threads running on SBCL/x86/MacOS and in
doing so I've come across a strange problem where something
(presumably clim-desktop.asd) is requiring swank, which is causing
swank.asd to get reloaded and swank-backend is getting recompiled,
which causes current-thread to get redefined to 0. This seems to
wreak havoc with some of the locking stuff, which presumably has
various locks held while it's trying to output the results of the
compilation. Should the definterface stuff in swank-backend have some
sort of check to see if these haven't been previously implemented
before overwriting the previous method definitions?

Thanks,

Cyrus