[slime-devel] How to erase input lines in REPL?

Harald Hanche-Olsen hanche at math.ntnu.no
Sun May 14 08:18:32 UTC 2006

I'll stop spamming the list after this one, I promise.

+ Harald Hanche-Olsen <hanche at math.ntnu.no>:

| Many experienced lispers prefer an editing style in which parentheses
| are always balanced.  Insert a new pair with M-(, move up or down a
| level with C-M-u or C-M-d, mark a whole subexpression with C-M-space,
| etc.

When you do this in the repl buffer, you need to type C-j instead of
return to insert newlines, since return sends the input if it looks
complete.  It takes a little while to get used to.  I am considering
rebinding the keys in the slime-repl buffer so plain return just
inserts a newline.  One can always use M-return to send the input.

- Harald