[slime-devel] Lispbox 0.7 containing Allegro 7.0 for Windows

Brecht Desmet bdesmet at vub.ac.be
Tue May 9 11:59:43 UTC 2006

I experienced some trouble using Lispbox 0.7 containing Allegro 7.0
for Windows. Each time I quit Emacs and agree to kill all running
processes, I receive the following failure from my windows machine:
"Windows is not able to quit the program c:\program files\LispBox-0.7
\emacs-21.3\bin\cmdproxy.exe". Furthermore, the alisp process is not
stopped, so I have to manually shutdown Allegro each time. A similar
problem arises using Mac machines: after exiting Emacs, the alisp
process is running in the background.

Next to this problem, I noticed that starting up SLIME on Mac
machines is significantly slower at the point "Polling "/tmp/slime.
2444 ..." which can take up to 10 seconds. Sometimes the system does
not continue after this point or sometimes my Emacs freezes in the
startup animation of SLIME. Is anyone familiar with these problems on
Mac?

--Brecht