[slime-devel] Problem loading the ASDF swank with cl-launch and sbcl-0.9.9.1

Luca Capello luca at pca.it
Thu Mar 16 11:03:17 UTC 2006

Hello,

I'm experiencing a strange problem when I load the swank via ASDF and
sbcl-0.9.9.1 in a cl-launch [1] session (backtrace attached).

Basically, AFAIU it doesn't find the necessary *.lisp files in the
~/.cache folder.  In fact, if I copy all the slime/*.lisp files into
the corresponding ~/.cache folder, it works as expected.

Is this a SLIME problem or a cl-launch one?  I guess the latter, as
without cl-launch, the swank is correctly loaded by ASDF.  But I'd
like to be 100% sure.

Moreover, the problem seems to happen only with the swank and not with
other CL software I tried, i.e. the dependencies of UCW [2] (like
iterate, cl-ppcre, split-sequence and the BESE software suite [3]).

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

[1] http://www.cliki.net/cl-launch
[2] http://common-lisp.net/project/ucw