[slime-devel] Problems with SLIME and SBCL

Nicolas Neuss Nicolas.Neuss at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Mar 8 10:22:50 UTC 2006

Hello,

since quite some time I am not able to run SLIME together with SBCL
anymore.  I did not care too much, since CMUCL and Allegro worked.
However, I now am looking again at using OS threads on Linux/AMD64, and
SBCL is my only option here.  So I am interested to get it working again.
Thus, I downloaded sbcl-0.9.9-x86-64-linux, CVS slime from today (Emacs on
this machine is version 21.4.1), and did the usual installation as

(add-to-list 'load-path PATH-TO-SLIME)
(require 'slime)
(slime-setup)

Unfortunately, M-x slime does not succeed.  The inferior-lisp buffer shows:

    WARNING: These Swank interfaces are unimplemented:
    (ACTIVATE-STEPPING CALLS-WHO
    DISASSEMBLE-FRAME
    INSPECT-FOR-EMACS
    SLDB-BREAK-AT-START