[slime-devel] abcl problems

Andras Simon andras at renyi.hu
Tue Jun 27 10:03:22 UTC 2006

I see the following with cvs slime/emacs/abcl:

- After starting up slime/abcl, *slime-events* is getting filled up with

(:write-string "")

for no obvious reason.

- If I compile a file (it doesn't matter what's in it) I get an endless stream
  of

(:write-string "; Compiling /tmp/proba.lisp ...\n; (IN-PACKAGE #:CL-USER)\n;
Wrote /tmp/proba.abcl (0.044 seconds)\n")

in the *slime-events* buffer, and

; Compiling /tmp/proba.lisp ...
; (IN-PACKAGE #:CL-USER)
; Wrote /tmp/proba.abcl (0.044 seconds)

in the repl. (But the compilation happens only once.)

At first I thought this was related to Alan's recent (06/09) changes to
swank-abcl.lisp, and going back to the previous version seemed to confirm
this. But now, even though I removed the compiled files under ~/.slime/, I get
the same problem with both the new (1.37) and the old (1.36) version. Strange.

Anyway, I'd be grateful for any hints on how to start debugging this.

Andras