[slime-devel] Unable to get SLIME working with sbcl-0.9.13

rif rif at MIT.EDU
Mon Jun 12 15:02:18 UTC 2006

Does slime work with the newest SBCL?  I've tried both the CVS snapshot
and the 2.0 release.  In both cases, it seems to build a bunch of stuff,
then gives me a prompt and instantaneously crashes ("Lisp connection
closed unexpectedly: exited abnormally with code 256").  The last
WARNING printed in *inferior-lisp* (ignoring style warnings) is

WARNING: These Swank interfaces are unimplemented:
 (ACTIVATE-STEPPING CALLS-WHO
                    DISASSEMBLE-FRAME
                    INSPECT-FOR-EMACS
                    SLDB-BREAK-AT-START
                    SLDB-BREAK-ON-RETURN
                    WHO-BINDS
                    WHO-CALLS
                    WHO-MACROEXPANDS
                    WHO-REFERENCES
                    WHO-SETS
                    WHO-SPECIALIZES)

What am I doing wrong?  Do I need to back off to an earlier SBCL?

rif