[slime-devel] Re: Swank/SBCL Problem

Juho Snellman jsnell at iki.fi
Wed Jul 19 08:32:08 UTC 2006

<atkinw at rpi.edu> wrote:
> Using the latest SBCL and the latest SLIME, I'm having trouble load-op'ing
> swank (or systems that depend on it).  I either evaluate (asdf:oos
> 'asdf:load-op :swank) or do ,load-system swank RET.  In either case, ASDF
> goes to work and some output is printed ot the REPL buffer.  Then the output
> abruptly stops.  the *inferior-lisp* buffer shows a backtrace (attached).
> This is an x86 Linux machine.  I tried clearing ~/.slime/fasl as well.

http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/slime-devel/2006-May/004955.html

(I think Christophe has a patch to make Swank do the right thing here,
 which was something like replacing the default DEFMETHOD in
 DEFINTERFACE with a specialization on NO-APPLICABLE-METHOD. But it
 looks like it was never sent to the list.)

--
Juho Snellman