[slime-devel] Re: SLIME and sbcl - Lisp connection closed unexpectedly: connection broken by remote peer

Mathias Dahl brakjoller at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 07:04:35 UTC 2006

Zach Beane <xach at xach.com> writes:

> In the past, the sbcl hangup has been caused by a kernel problem. You
> can work around it by starting sbcl as "nohup sbcl" instead of plain
> "sbcl". Upgrading to a more recent kernel may also fix the problem for
> you.

I did C-u M-x slime RET (I noticed that I could use a prefix argument
by reading the source). Then at the prompt I got I prepended "nohup"
before the program (/usr/local/bin/sbcl in my case). It worked!

Will there be any bad side effects from doing this (using nohup) or
can I expect it to work whatever I want to do?